Friday, May 6, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and the Yummy- Part II

Hi guys! I'm back with another edition of The Good, the Bad, and the Yummy- part dos!
The Good: Finishing finals and celebrating with Jell-o shots!
The Bad: How I felt the next day...especially when I had to be at work at 9am!
The Good: A rare Taco Bell treat...
A baja chalupa with beans instead of beef, washed down with a 7 layer burrito
The Bad: Allergies! According to this site I do not have a cold like I thought. Instead, I'm pretty sure I have allergies. Raine is in the same boat as me too...since this is our first spring in southern Illinois, we had no idea this would happen!
The Good: The upside of spring:
adorable baby geese with their parents! Shortly after this picture was taken, the goose on the far left hissed at me.
The Bad: We took our car in for an oil change and a road trip check yesterday and ended up with a $1,200 bill! There were some brake problems and other things that needed attention. So glad we caught it before we had a break-down...though our savings account took a hit :(
The Extra Good:
I'm going home for Mother's Day!
I'm flying home to the Dallas area tomorrow and staying for a week. And, my grandmother will be in the US from India! 

And last but not least, the Yummy!
This afternoon I saw a recipe for Dahiwale Aloo (potatoes in yogurt sauce) on Priyanka's blog. I just knew I had to make it for dinner and it was delicious! Two thumbs up :)

What are your Mother's Day plans?

10 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I won't be with my Mom on Mother's Day. But we will celebrate at a later date. Jello shots are the best to celebrate end of exams. So classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh my allergies have been just awful too! That's the downside to all of the pretty blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay I am so glad you liked it. You and your mum look so pretty!

    These allergies are killing me, I am stuffed and I don't know when I spoke without sounding nasal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have plans with my mom yet, we need to figure something out for sure. Maybe we'll cook her dinner or do some baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss jello shots, as a vegetarian I stay away from Gelatin. I am far from my mama on mothers day but get to see her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, your Dahiwale Aloo looks great! I hope you have a wonderful time in Dallas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing your finals! I hope you enjoy your trip and I hope you had a lovely MOther's Day!

    Don't even get me started on the allergies...I could write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allergies can be horrible. Mine are worst in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My allergies have been so bad lately too!! Isn't it the worst! The wind here in Vegas has been crazy so that doesn't help.
    Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! My sis and I went to my parents house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. have a blast with your Grandma!! thats a long way for her to travel huh! you look so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete