Monday, March 28, 2011

Recipes Galore!

Hello my beautiful readers :) I apologize for my absence- life has been busybusybusy lately and I haven't had time for anything besides school. All school and internship interviews makes Sonia a dull girl.
But- I should be going to my last interview tomorrow and from then, it's just the waiting game...

Until I can regain my sanity, I have some fabulous recipes to share with you!
First...
Cheezy Noodle Casserole inspired by Christin's recipe for Cheezy Sweet Potato Casserole

1.5 cups wide egg noodles, cooked 
1 carrot, grated
1 cup steamed chopped broccoli
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup steamed cauliflower**
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400*F

cook the noodles layer with broccoli and carrot in a casserole dish:
In a food processor, add the broth, nooch, and cauliflower, and blend til liquefied.
**I only had half a cup of cauliflower so I transfered the liquid to a saucepan with 1tsp cornstarch and a splash of cool water, then simmered until it thickened up a bit.
Combine with pasta and veggies...
Add breadcrumbs to the top...
bake for 20 minutes, and serve!
This was awesome. Raine and I devoured the entire dish! Make this ASAP if you know what's good for you :)
Something that has been helping me to keep sane is a bottle of cucumber vodka that I picked up last week!
This simple cocktail is so.good.
1 shot cucumber vodka
juice of half a lemon
2 ice cubes
garnish with crushed mint, cucumber slices, and lemon slices!

I enjoyed this with a savory snack...
These were crispy and munchy and went perfectly with my drink! And so easy to make...

1.5 cups oyster crackers
coconut oil
2 TBSP nutritional yeast
Italian seasoning
sea salt

Preheat oven to 200*F and toss oyster crackers with enough olive oil to lightly coat them. Mix with nutritional yeast and as much Italian seasoning and sea salt as you desire. Spread out on a foiled baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, tossing them a bit half way through the cooking time. Enjoy! There was something about the combination of nooch and coconut oil that just worked for me. I hope it works for you too!
They also make excellent croutons...
Finally, I've been making oreo balls with my friends!
Experimenting with sprinkles is fabulous.

I can't wait to catch up with you all soon :)

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Those dishes look divine! I love cucumber in vodka cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely recipes- I like the noochy oyster crackers, I forgot those crackers existed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your last internship interview goes well. That noodle dish looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries with being busy. It happens. ;)

    Also, love those Oreo balls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much good stuff! I didn't know they made cucumber vodka! That drink sounds very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyy! Big congrats on the internship! :-)Ya gotta love sprinkles :-D

    ReplyDelete