Friday, March 11, 2011

Exciting Announcement!

Hi everyone! I'm glad you liked my ABCs- sounds like there are a lot of Pacey Witter fans out there :) Remember when he got his tips frosted?!

I thought that was the coolest thing ever...
Speaking of hair- (and this is not my exciting announcement, though it is quite exciting hehe)-
I'm getting my hair cut and colored tomorrow!
I've been waiting to do this for a long time, and I actually haven't gotten a haircut since last August- yikes! I played around with Marie Claire's virtual makeover for an embarrassingly long time a few days ago. Who doesn't like putting their face in celebrity hair?!
I think I'm going to go for some Selena Gomez-style bangs:
please excuse the giant dent in the left side of my face
I'm also going to dye my hair a darker shade of black. 
Okay, thank you for humoring my Disney starlet obsession (I often channel my inner 10-year old through watching Wizards of Waverly Place on Netflix...).

Now on to my Real Exciting Announcement!
I signed up for a 4K! It is the 8th Annual Shannon McNamara 4K Run / Walk. As I was leaving the Student Rec Center last week, a booth set up for the 4K caught my eye. I have been wanting to sign up for a 5K for a while now, and this was perfect timing! This will be my first "official" running event since I was in high school where I used to run track (I wasn't very good). 
The run is in April so I have a lot of time to get ready for it. I don't have any time-goals in mind, but what I really want to do is run the entire time without walking. 
Step 1: Getting new running shoes! I have been using the same pair of workout shoes for over 2 years (the horror!) and now that I have been running more, my feet are desperate for an upgrade. 
I have already started carb-loading...
Kidding... Holla to bars that serve veggie burgers! 

Does anyone have any beginner tips for running with a crowd? It's been a while...
And, Who is on Spring Break? I am! I am!

7 comments:

  1. Sonia, you won't believe this, I am signing up for a 5k too! When is your race, mine is on May 14. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the hair looks! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
    I would have to say to make sure and pace yourself. It is easy to want to dash off but you don't want to lose steam. Not that you can run real fast to begin with..there are always so many people when you first get started. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. theres a couple bars in town here that started selling veggie burgers and i get excited seeing that. even tho im not veggie anymore it still goes to show that even bars can make more environmental changes hehe <3

    haha i had to laugh at the morphed photos but honestly those hairstyles and cuts look pretty rad. your face looks rad too, minus the side dent like you said hehe.

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat is that virtual make over? I your hair will turn out great.
    Yay a 4K...how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never run in a race but a 4K would be the best way to start. I am rooting for you! And also, exciting about the haircut! Hope it turns out how you want, I should go and book a time at the hairdresser too - I haven't got it cut in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove getting hair cuts/ color. I'm loving your photoshopped haircuts.
    I also am cracking up at all of the Pacey Witter love- I had forgotten about frosted tips and that whole hair phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm from Charleston and remember when Shannon McNamera was killed. Glad to hear you'll be running the race!

    ReplyDelete